March 7, 2014

Whataupoko Domaine

Well the Dalmatians and I decided to start exploring the outdoors by checking out one of the local parks and preserves. My focus had been pretty much all job search related but I am learning it is very important to keep Dalmatians that live inside a little tired!

Whataupoko Domain has good walking and mountain biking trails.  I had the good advice of a wise friend who said I should not ride the bike with the sticker "not for off road use" on these mountain bike trails so the dogs and I headed their on foot.




The hills are just so beautiful, they seem to big and extreme to be hills but I don't know that they qualify as mountains. I also thought it was really cool that on one side of the hill there is farmland as far as I can see and on the other side town stretching to the bay.
 





 
 As I am sure you can tell I love taking pictures with the fences in here. The fence is not quite like a wire fence back in Nebraska. There are usually posts which are much smaller and only every other or so actually sunk in the ground every 3 feet. Then instead of 3 or 4 wires there are usually 8. I am guessing that is what sheep fencing requires.  

 
SQUIRREL!!! 
Haha! Just kidding! There are no squirrels in New Zealand! 



But gorgeous sunsets they definitely do have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment