March 20, 2014

Pouawa and Turihaua Beaches

After a last day in Gisborne watching the sunrise from Wainui Beach I decided to drive north and walk along one of the beaches. I decided to visit Pouawa and Turihaua beaches. I enjoyed a nice 5 mile stroll on the beach to prepare for a long 13 hour bus trip the next day. These beaches are about 30k north of Gisborne along the east coast highway. If gas were not quite so expensive.... $2.12 a liter... I would have loved to drive further up the coast to see the light coast on the far east tip of Gisborne. But I digress. The beach was beautiful. It started out a bit cloudy and ended up clearing a bit. Which made for some beautiful and interesting pictures. As I was walking around the rocky headland I definitely had the thought that I should probably start figuring out tide times if I am going to walk along the beach like that again.




 
This area of the beach has rocks that stretch out into the ocean and make for some impressive waves.



 
What a beautiful spot for a house, these were the only two on these beaches!






 
This estuary confused me. The first time I came to this beach the water flowed out this river, onto the beach and into the ocean. But the second two times I went it was divided from going into the ocean by a ridge of sand.
















 
Just can't get enough beach pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment