February 13, 2014

The Rose Garden

While I have never been a huge fan of roses, the Dugald MacKenzie Rose Garden was truly beautiful. The garden is in the Victoria Esplanade right on the Manawatu River. This was where I spent most of Friday the 17th of January. There are bike trails, several playground areas, an aviary, cute café and even a miniature train that will take you all around the Esplanade. It seemed like a very nice place for families and outdoor activities. The rose garden itself has areas built in for weddings and other events too.

So here are the pictures!

 
I was trying to get the gate shut all the way for this picture but it got stuck and I felt bad because a woman walked up and asked if the garden was closing for the day. I told her it was not and I was sorry I was just trying to get a picture of the gates... she apparently didn't think that was a good idea and kinda looked at me like I was a crazy person!
 






 
The colors were so pretty these pictures don't hardly do the roses justice but here are a couple closeups of my favorites.
 




 
I really could have sat on this bench and enjoyed the view for quite awhile, there was even a guy who came with a coffee and did that for most of the time I was taking pictures!
 

 
Even outside the Rose Garden the landscaping and aviary were pretty picturesque too.
 









 
 I finished my visit with a nice cup of tea at the café, such a fun place!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment